Sunday, June 3, 2012

Buttermilk Pancakes with Peanut Butter Glaze

I love it when I plan on making something, and I know it will be delicious, but then when I actually end up making it it just blows me away with how good it is. These pancakes are case in point. I love pretty much all pancakes so when I decided to have pancakes for breakfast, I knew it was going to be good. What I didn't count on was how these thin, tender, creamy pancakes would pair perfectly with some leftover peanut butter sauce I had on hand in the fridge. Just add some sliced banana and mini chocolate chips and voila, breakfast is served!



I was planning on eating these pancakes with a nice drizzle of pure maple syrup which I'm sure would have been delicious, but when I remembered the peanut butter glaze in the fridge I thought that it would be nice poured on top of the pancakes. As I was thinking about this my eyes fell on a pair of perfectly ripe bananas lying on the counter. Bananas and peanut butter anybody? Yes please! So I thinly sliced a banana, laid out the pieces on top of the pancakes, and drizzled it all with the peanut butter glaze. 

It look so yummy, but I knew it was missing just one thing, chocolate! A sprinkle of mini chocolate chips finished the plate off perfectly. It doesn't get much better than this mouth watering trio. Eating this perfect combination of flavors made me feel like I was in a restaurant. This is a breakfast that I won't forget to try again. 


Yum!


Buttermilk Pancakes
From: Tasting Table 
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2½ cups buttermilk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
  • 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter, divided, plus more for serving
Directions
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and oil. Gradually stir the wet ingredients into the dry.

In a large skillet or griddle, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Working in batches, spoon ¼ cup of the pancake batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes until the edges have begun to brown and air bubbles form on the surface, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve hot, spread with butter and drizzled with maple syrup or peanut butter glaze. 


Peanut Butter Glaze
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 c. peanut butter
  • 1 T. powdered sugar
Directions
Heat the milk in a small saucepan just until bubbling. Whisk in the peanut butter until it melts into the milk completely. Remove from heat. Whisk in the powdered sugar.

1 comment:

  1. My oh my, look at all those pancakes!! I have only ever had pancakes with maple syrup, but this looks delicious! I must try it!

    ReplyDelete