Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bridal Brunch

I love parties, especially parties that involve good food, so when I had the opportunity to throw a bridal shower for my cousin, I knew that I would be spending a lot of time in the kitchen to prepare for it. Since I absolutely love baking and eating baked goods, I knew I wanted the shower to include brunch, because at what other time of day can you stuff yourself with baked goods and not feel guilty about it? I did manage to throw a few (slightly) more healthy options into the mix, but my the baked goods are still my favorite! Lara and I started preparing the food several days in advance, so on the morning of the shower all that was really left to do was bake up a few goodies. In the end, the shower went super well and I had a lot of fun with it, both preparing and hosting. Everyone seemed to enjoy the food (thank goodness!) and there was plenty for everyone. All in all, it turned out great; I can't wait to do it again!


Bridal Brunch Menu
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
Sausage Gouda Quiche
Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
Vanilla Cream Scones
Chocolate Chip Scones
Homemade Yogurt
Fresh Fruit: Strawberries, Cantaloupe, Grapes
Drinks: Coffee, Water, Orange Juice


Here are just a few pictures of the shower and the shower prep

 Preparing the favors well in advance, 
the first day of decorating

 Monogrammed cookies for Bailey and Chris

 And some flowers, because I like flowers

Finished them off with a cute border

 Some close ups of the foods, here are the quiche

 This was my favorite, it was very cheesy, 
sorry if anyone doesn't like cheese as much as me!

 This was yummy too!

 Gotta have the homemade cinnamon rolls

 Mini muffins, for a quick bite

Yogurt and fruit

The whole spread

 With the bakers

The beautiful bride to be with a 
homemade cookbook from her favorite cousins :)

And don't forget a cookie when you leave!

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty party! Yummy looking food too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful table you set, just lovely ~ Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was invited in bridal brunch at one of finest event venue Chicago last month. Really enjoyed the party and buffet. The cake was cooked by her perfectly. I also want to learn how to cook a perfect cake so can cook for my newly married sister when she comes to our home.

    ReplyDelete